Christian Formation Committee (CFC)
Standing committee of the Pastoral Council concerned with total Catholic education in the parish. Its mission is to support the formation and education of the parish community in the gospel of Jesus Christ by providing total education policies and programs for children, youth and adults.
- Gifts Desired: Strong faith. Desire to strengthen the faith of the parish. Commitment to discipleship.
- Commitment: Committee meets monthly and as needed.
- Opportunity: To ensure Catholic education and formation is available and implemented in the parish.
- Contact: Matt Gotthold c/o 378-5800
Adult Formation Team
To assist adults as they strive to learn about and live more fully their faith.
- Gifts Desired: Openness to share faith and help people learn more about the teachings of the Church.
- Commitment: Team meetings as needed. Participation in implementing programs as needed.
- Opportunity: To grow in faith, to meet new people, to help others deepen their faith.
- Contact: Father Kelley 302-378-5800
Our parish religious education programs need volunteers who are willing to grow in their faith with others. Catechists are needed to work with all ages: young children through adults. Training, materials and support are provided.
- Gifts Desired: An active faith, willingness to grow in the faith and to share in an important parish ministry. While teaching experience is not necessary, enthusiasm and a willingness to give Christian witness are vital.
- Commitment:Varies from weekly (for PREP academic year) to monthly or seasonal, according to the specific program chosen.
- Opportunity: To share talent and faith so as to help others grow in our faith. To be part of a team of people who, living their Baptismal call, are willing to grow in knowledge and love of the Lord and His Church.
- Contact: Susan Pascoe 302-378-5800
Parish Religious Education Program (PREP)
Our Parish Religious Education Program supports parents in the important mission of religious formation of children. Realizing the hectic pace of family life, PREP classes are offered both in summer and during the academic year. All sessions are held at the Parish Complex. Click here for Forms
Registration information: contact Corinna Silva 302-378-5800
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
Catechists and sponsors provide an opportunity for unbaptized persons or those baptized in other faiths to be initiated into the Roman Catholic Church.
- Gifts Desired: Willingness to share our Catholic faith, to learn, and to journey with those who seek initiation.
- Commitment:Become a journey partner in the initiation process. RCIA meetings are held one evening per week 7:30-9:00 PM. Also attend Mass with initiation candidates as scheduled.
- Opportunity: To be a disciple. To respond to God's call and help others do so.
- Contact: Ed and Joann Bisone 302-464-25876
Sponsor Couple Program
One of three elements of marriage preparation. One-on-one meetings between the engaged couple and a married sponsor couple who, in the privacy of their home, share marriage experiences with the engaged couple.
- Gifts Desired:Married couple willing to share their living experience of the sacrament of marriage.
- Commitment:Training in the Sponsor Couple Program. Several meetings with the engaged couple over the course of the year prior to their wedding.
- Contact: Parish Office 302-378-5800
Youth Formation Team
To assist youth as they strive to learn about and live more fully their faith.
- Gifts Desired: Openness to share faith and help our young members learn more about the teachings of the Church.
- Commitment:Team meetings as needed. Participation in implementing programs as needed.
- Opportunity: To grow in faith, to witness to youth, to help them deepen their faith.
- Contact:Mark Winterbottom 302-378-5800